Mercedes-Benz Retailer Staff Car Scheme.
Mercedes-Benz Retailer Staff Car Scheme.
As a valued employee of a Mercedes-Benz Retailer, you can own a new Mercedes-Benz for a competitive monthly payment through this scheme. You can also have a second vehicle on the scheme, but it’s only for an immediate family member living at the same address as you.
- Get in touch with your Scheme Co-ordinator – they’ll have a list of vehicles and can help you place an order.
- Your Scheme Co-ordinator will check you’re eligible for the scheme and will give you the documents you need to complete to order your vehicle.
- Your Scheme Co-ordinator will let you know the delivery date, your vehicle registration number and they’ll also arrange for your new vehicle to be taxed.
- You’ll need to make sure you have fully comprehensive insurance in place for your Mercedes-Benz before you take delivery.
- Your new Mercedes-Benz will be delivered to your Retail site for you to collect.
- You’ll need to keep your vehicle’s service history up to date and all servicing must be carried out at a Mercedes-Benz approved service centre. You’ll need to arrange this and may need to pay for the servicing.
- At the end of the contract, it’s your responsibility to hand back the vehicle to the Retail site that supplied it. It will need to meet our Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Return Standards too.
- Then get in touch with your Scheme Co-ordinator order your next vehicle.
Looking after your Mercedes-Benz.
Looking after your Mercedes-Benz.
We’ll assess your scheme vehicle when you return it, so it’s worth taking the time to read the Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Return Standards. These will help you to avoid any excess mileage, damage or service history related charges when you reach the end of your contract. Before you return your vehicle, any repair work must be carried out by Mercedes-Benz Approved Technicians. You’ll need to arrange this and pay for the work. You can find our Vehicle Return Standards below:
- How long can I have my Mercedes-Benz?
How long can I have my Mercedes-Benz?
The scheme runs for 18 months and you can drive a maximum of 18,000 miles (pro rata). At any point during this time, you can settle your loan by either clearing the outstanding balance or exercising your buyback right.
- When can I join the scheme?
When can I join the scheme?
You can usually join when you’ve passed your probationary period, but this is at your employer’s discretion. Please talk to your Scheme Co-ordinator.
- Do I ever own the vehicle?
Do I ever own the vehicle?
Yes, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (MBFS) lend you the money to purchase the vehicle at a preferential rate. At 18 months when your contract ends, Mercedes-Benz Cars UK will repurchase the vehicle at the guaranteed buyback value from you (by paying MBFS).
- Can I have multiple vehicles on the scheme?
Can I have multiple vehicles on the scheme?
Employees of Mercedes-Benz Retailers can have a maximum of two vehicle on the scheme. The second vehicle must be immediate family and at the same address. You (as the employee) must be insured as a named driver on the second vehicle.
- Can I have any Mercedes-Benz I choose?
Can I have any Mercedes-Benz I choose?
The vehicles on the scheme are fixed models, engines and specifications. A list is available from your Scheme Co-ordinator.
- How do I order a vehicle on the scheme?
How do I order a vehicle on the scheme?
Your Scheme Co-ordinator will help you with everything from placing an order to taking delivery.
- Can I cancel my order before my vehicle is delivered, even if it’s a factory order?
Can I cancel my order before my vehicle is delivered, even if it’s a factory order?
Please speak to your Scheme Co-ordinator if you need to cancel or change your order before delivery.
- When will my Mercedes-Benz arrive?
When will my Mercedes-Benz arrive?
For a factory order, your Scheme Co-ordinator can let you know an estimated delivery date. If you have chosen to take a vehicle from stock, you might be able to choose your collection date and will need to talk to your Scheme Co-ordinator.
- I want to change my vehicle before the end of my contract?
I want to change my vehicle before the end of my contract?
We understand that circumstances change and your vehicle may no longer be suitable for you. If this happens, please speak to your Scheme Co-ordinator. In all other circumstances, you’ll need to exercise your buyback option. If you do this, we may not allow you to order a replacement vehicle on the scheme for 18 months.
- What do I do if I can no longer afford my payments?
What do I do if I can no longer afford my payments?
All monthly payments are fixed and can’t be changed. Please get in touch with us on 0370 847 0700 or speak to your Scheme Co-ordinator discuss your buyback option.
- What happens with the Road Tax in the second year?
What happens with the Road Tax in the second year?
We’ll purchase the second year’s road fund licence for you and this is included in your monthly payments. We’ll refund you the remaining 6 months of road fund licence after your vehicle has been returned.
- Can I keep my car?
Can I keep my car?
You can clear the balance of your loan and keep your vehicle at any point in the contract. Please contact us at 0370 847 0700 to get a settlement quote.
You can also get a settlement quote from Mercedes me finance at www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/mefinance
- If I want to try a different model next time, how soon should I order?
If I want to try a different model next time, how soon should I order?
You’ll need to order your new vehicle around 4 months before your existing contract ends. The monthly payments advertised at the time of your order are fixed. If you get too close to the end of your contract before ordering a new vehicle, you may not get the one you’d like.
- My new vehicle won’t be here in time, can I extend my contract until it arrives?
My new vehicle won’t be here in time, can I extend my contract until it arrives?
You can’t extend your contract because the monthly payments are based on you keeping your vehicle for 18 months. Please make sure you order a new one in plenty of time to avoid this.
- I ordered my vehicle in time for my renewal, but it’s delayed. What shall I do?
I ordered my vehicle in time for my renewal, but it’s delayed. What shall I do?
Get in touch with your Scheme Co-ordinator who may be able to look for a temporary vehicle for you.
- Do I need to service my car?
Do I need to service my car?
Yes, your vehicle will need to meet our return standards when it is returned and this includes the first service.
- I’ve damaged my vehicle and it is due to be returned. What shall I do?
I’ve damaged my vehicle and it is due to be returned. What shall I do?
Your Scheme Co-ordinator can advise how best to get it repaired.
- I’m due to leave employment, do I have to return the vehicle?
I’m due to leave employment, do I have to return the vehicle?
No, you own the vehicle. However, the scheme is only available to you during your employment with a participating Mercedes-Benz Retailer. It means you’ll have to settle your loan at the end of your employment. You can do this by contacting MBFS on 0370 847 0700 or exercising your buyback option.
- Can I change the date of my Direct Debit?
Can I change the date of my Direct Debit?
Yes, you can do this on Mercedes me finance or by calling Customer Services on 0370 847 0700.
- How do I make a complaint?
How do I make a complaint?
Please speak to you Scheme Co-ordinator who will give you the scheme complaints procedure.