Maintaining the fluid levels in your Mercedes-Benz can add years to the life of your engine, as well as help you avoid a breakdown. The really good news is that it’s quick and easy to do if you follow our step-by-step instructions*.
Only ever follow this process when the engine is cool.
• First of all, lift the bonnet.
• Then, find the dipstick and remove it.
• Once removed, wipe it clean with a cloth and re-insert it.
• Remove it a second time and check again.
• The correct level should be between the two hash marks near the bottom of the stick.
• Find the reservoir in the engine compartment on or near the firewall.
• Check if it’s at least two thirds full.
• Add fluid if the level is below two thirds full.
Note: Do not check your brake fluid outside if it is raining. It is important to keep your braking system dry.
Window Washing Fluid
• Locate the reservoir in the engine compartment.
• If empty, simply add water or washer fluid.
Note: For when the outside temperature drops below 0’C (32’F), use a specially formulated windshield washer fluid such as Mercedes-Benz WinterFit that will not freeze up. You can purchase Mercedes-Benz WinterFit from your local